Instagram: @declarationsofafangirl

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Review: The Girl in 6E by A. R. Torre


The Girl in 6E by A. R. Torre
Book 1 in the Deanna Madden Series



I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death.

Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?

Enter a world of lies, thrills, fears, and all desires, in this original thriller from A. R. Torre.




*4 Stars*

The Girl in 6E is unlike any other book I have ever read. I expected there to be lots of sex scenes, and while there are lots of sexual depictions of different fetishes and sex toys, and lots of sexual conversations between the Deanna and her clients, there weren't any actual sex scenes. Sure there were a couple of sexually charged scenes between two characters but there was no "doing the deed" so to speak. With that being said, I really enjoyed this book. It kept me interested and was a quick read for me. 

I found Deanna's character very interesting. She has been diagnosed (by a 'shrink' via Skype, mind you) with Anthropophobia mixed with an unhealthy does of dacnomania. Basically she is obsessed with murder and fears human interaction because of said obsession. The back cover of the book has a little teaser that says: 

My life is simple, as long as I follow the rules: 
1. Don't leave the apartment. 
2. Never let anyone in. 
3. Don't kill anyone.
  description 
She hasn't left her apartment in 3 years and thanks to the internet, she has everything she needs or wants at her fingertips. She earns her money by running a live cam chat, and she makes a very good living. She puts everything she has into her job because 1) she's bored 2) she needs something to distract her from her murderous obsession. She turns herself into anything her clients want, anything to fulfill their fantasies, but they have no idea who she truly is. 

They believe what they see, because they want to believe. They want to believe I am normal. 

Coming into this book, I wasn't sure how the story was going to go. I wasn't sure where the story could go. It's not very spoilery to say that Deanna witnesses certain things/characteristics in one of her clients that doesn't sit well with her...and then she sees a story on the news about something horrible that has happened, and she realizes that the incident and her client are most likely connected. She tries to notify the police but since she wants to remain anonymous, they don't take her very seriously. So she decides to take it upon herself to bring the hammer of justice down.... 

And she leaves her apartment.

description 
Once this happened, I could not put my book down. I had to know what happened. I had to know if she was going to go on a killing spree or not. The whole book so far she has been going on about how she keeps herself contained for the safety of others.

description

After I finished reading, I was left wanting so much more. I was under the impression that this book was a standalone but when I came on here to post my review, I learned that it's the first in a trilogy.

description 
I can't wait to find out what happens next in Deanna's story!



No comments:

Post a Comment