Instagram: @declarationsofafangirl

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas






Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...


Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.





4 STARS

This started out kind of slow for me. As much as Feyre went on about how sweet Elain was, I just didn't see it. Her father and sisters were just plain lazy. The way her family was portrayed just seemed like it was a little over the top. The first half of the book slogged on and on. The second half completely redeemed this sereis in my eyes. There was so much action! My heart was racing through the entire second half of the book. I still had trouble relating to the characters, but that didn't keep me from rooting for Feyre and Tamlin. Speaking of Tamlin...I can't decide if I like him enough for Feyre. I don't know if he deserves her. I enjoy a good, brooding guy but good Lord! Tamlin was over the top broody. I wish I could say that learning about his curse changed my feelings for him but not really. I liked him because Feyre did, much the same as when you like your friend's SO because you love your friend, but if that friend wasn't in the picture then you wouldn't give a damn about said SO. I just wanted Feyre to be happy. I swooned over Tamlin because he was who she wanted but not because I wanted him. I'm going to read book 2 with the hope that Tamlin grows or does something to redeem himself in my eyes. I don't appreciate how quickly his attitude changed towards her once he got into her pants. Not cool, dude. 

Twitter: @declarefangirl
Instagram: @declarationsofafangirl



No comments:

Post a Comment