Instagram: @declarationsofafangirl

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Review: Timekeeper Rising by Allyssa Painter


SYNOPSIS

Fifty years ago, the sky cried acid and the earth vomited poison, all due to human destruction. Desperate for a savior, the people called out to the Shunned, a group of Fallen angels on Earth, and allowed them to take over. Now the Shunned rule with unspeakable cruelty, manipulating and torturing the humans in every possible way. Marked for death, Iris Ankea will do anything to end their tyranny and rescue her brother and best friend from their clutches. When she learns that she is God’s chosen Timekeeper and has the power to defeat the Shunned, she sets out with the only man who can help her, the one she thinks just might kill her. With a prophecy about her drawing ever near, Iris must race against time to discover her powers before the world, and her life, end. Can Iris force herself to embrace her role and sacrifice herself to save everyone she loves, or will she lose it all? 





*5 STARS*

This book...ohhh this book. Wow!

  description 

Timekeeper Rising sucked me in from page one and kept me reading wayyyyy past my bedtime, which rarely happens. I value my sleep with the same vigor as I value air and coffee.

  description 

 This book was so creepy and awesome. It reminded me a bit of an M. Night Shymalan movie, kind of like The Village. Iris and Sage are travelling through the woods, trying to remain hidden from The Shunned. The whole time I was reading, I was on edge, waiting for something to jump out. And those somethings did...quite often.

  description 

 Every time The Shunned wanted to take someone, all of the lights would go out in all of the homes, and when they came back on, the home where someone was taken would remain black. Think about that for a second. You have no idea when it's going to happen and if someone you know, or YOU, will be taken.

  description 

 Iris was a very strong character. Ever since she was a little girl, she's had visions of the future, specifically of her own death. She's accepted it and because she has known for so long, she no longer fears death. Her only concern is to protect those she loves. Her brother, Zander, was taken and at the opening of the book, her best friend, Danny, is taken. She believes that The Shunned took them to draw her out, because she is the Timekeeper. She is wracked with guilt and will stop at nothing to rescue them.

  description

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I devoured it. I couldn't put it down. It was unlike anything I'd ever read. Yes, it's an angels and demons dystopian, but the focus isn't on them. The focus is on Iris and Sage's struggle to work together. The book ended on a cliffhanger and I can not wait to get my hands on the sequel.

  description


No comments:

Post a Comment