Instagram: @declarationsofafangirl

Monday, September 4, 2017

Review: Protecting Dakota by Susan Stoker




Protecting Daktoa by Susan Stoker
SEAL of Protection #9, Sleeper SEALS #1

Dakota James’s life has become the stuff of nightmares. The leader of the Ansar al-Shari’a terrorist group has become obsessed with her, determined to take her as his wife. On the run, she’ll have to pin her hopes on the retired SEAL charged with finding and stopping Aziz Fourati before he can carry out plans to bomb more US airports.
Recently recruited to join a sleeper SEAL team tasked with fighting terrorism on US soil, Slade “Cutter” Cutsinger, with the help of some Special Forces friends, has located the one woman who can identify the deadly Ansar al-Shari’a leader. That was the easy part. Keeping her safe proves more difficult than anyone ever imagined.
When she and her new friend, Caroline, are kidnapped by the terrorist group, Dakota can only pray Cutter and the SEALs will reach them before they’re taken out of the country—and away from Cutter forever.

** Protecting Dakota is a part of the SEAL of Protection Series. It is also in the “Sleeper SEAL” connected series. Each book is a stand-alone, with no cliffhanger endings.
Each book in this multi-author branded series is a standalone novel, and the series does not have to be read in order. 






4 STARS


Well it's no secret that I am a huge Susan Stoker fan, and when I was presented with the opportunity to review her last book in the SEAL of Protection series, I jumped at the chance.

description

And while I am current on all of the SEAL of Protection books, I am behind on my reviews. I know, I know.


My only defense is that I have been literally devouring books. Of course, once I get on a roll with my reading, I inevitably fall into a reading slump. The one I was in when I received my review copy of Protecting Dakota was an endless of abyss of frustration and just blah.


For me, a Susan Stoker book is my reading knight in shining armor. It never fails to break me out of a reading slump. It doesn't matter if it's a new release or a reread (I've lost count how many times I've reread Alabama & Cheyenne's books), I never can put it down. I ignore all of my adult responsibilities (I mean really, why did I become an adult in the first place? Ugh) and completely lose myself in the story. Her writing is that good.


Okay, enough rambling and fangirling...

Protecting Dakota was a solid 4 star read for me. The story flowed nicely and I really liked Cutter. Salt and pepper hair, leather clad, muscles for dayssss, rides a motorcycle, is a bad ass.

Yes.
Please.


So, if you read the synopsis then you already know shit goes down. I won't go into much detail because anymore and you run the risk of spoilers. Shorthand of my thoughts:

1-Insta love but it actually kind of worked.
2- Cutter is delicious. No seriously, I would take a bite out of him if I could.
3- I LOVED seeing the other SEALS again. It made me really nostalgic for their books.
4- Definitely planning a full SEAL of Protection reread in the near future.
5- Susan never fails to hook me in. I would read the woman's grocery lists if she published them.
6- Cutter. For reals. Cutter.








No comments:

Post a Comment